Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Peach Tart

     Easy as pie. Except pie is not easy. At least not if you don't have practice getting the crust to that perfect level of buttery flakiness. But then there is the rustic tart. Simple and elegant. I'm a bit embarrassed to post the "recipe" because I never measure the ingredients for the filling. It's one of those things I make when I want to impress my friends, but I don't want to, you know...work hard. I usually just add ingredients to my taste. Not too much sugar, because I like a tart to be, well, a little tart. All in all, the tart is delicious, considering how little effort goes into it.






Easy-as-Pie Rustic Peach Tart

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Pie crust
3-4 Peaches, cut into wedges
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of brown sugar, I've used regular sugar and molasses in a pinch
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 egg yolk, beat, for brushing over the crust



Step 1. Roll out the dough to about 10 inches round.

Step 2. Mix peaches, cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl. The measurements I gave can be adjusted to suit any taste. I have even used a little apple cider vinegar when I couldn't find a lemon in my fridge.

Step 3. Arrange peaches in a spiral starting in the middle of the rolled out pie crust. Leave 1 inch of crust to wrap around the edge of the fruit spiral.

Step 4. Cut out little leaves with any leftover crust and arrange on the edge of the crust (optional). Brush with  sides with egg wash.

Step 5. Place tart in the oven for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Check to make sure the crust does not burn.


Next up: Frozen orange creamsicle pie, Passionfruit cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment